Not to be confused with MatthewGo707's weapon, the Mech Shotgun.
|“||Large and heavy shotgun weapon designed to be wielded by mechs. Low mobility compensates for high explosive damage.||”|
The Mech Heavy Shotgun is a Heavy weapon introduced in the 15.2.0 Snipers vs. Shotgunners: Night Ops update. It is awarded for winning 100 matches as the Shotgunners in Valleyside Fort.
It appears as a bulky shotgun.
It has a large skeletal stock connected to the weapon, featuring a dark grey/orange butt. The body is dark tan, with a dark tan pistol grip, an orange trigger guard, a silver white ejection port on the side, and an open drum magazine with large red shotgun shells. The weapon also features a large grey 2x sight.
The weapon also features a cumbersome black/grey handguard with a grey front iron sight and a grey muzzle.
Its pellets are dark orange, in which will explode upon contact with an object.
It does lethal damage up close, and can cover a large radius with its explosive attributes, but is hampered by its below average fire rate, low magazine size, and mediocre mobility.
- Get up close to use this, as it deals massive damage up close.
- Use it in close range maps, as it tends to lose accuracy (as most shotguns do) at long range.
- Aim for the head, as it can one-shot if all of the pellets hit the head.
- However aim at the feet when engaging jump snipers.
- This weapon can be used against melee users, backpedal while firing to avoid getting hit by them.
- Due to its mobility, it is recommended to use it only when engaged in a firefight. Switch to another weapon with a higher mobility when moving.
- Use the area damage to your advantage and use it to suppress enemies into cover.
- If they are firing at you when peeking behind cover, aim between both the cover and the user to score a hit if they run back into cover.
- It has a low magazine capacity so reload after each battle and keep an eye out for ammo pickups.
- It can be used against Snipers effectively, catching by surprise if engaged at close range.
- It is not effective at Rocket Jumping as it does not launch the user up as far and it can deal massive self damage if attempted.
- The weapons are useful for taking down Jetpack users at medium range, as its area damage and pellet spread can make it easier to score a hit against airborne targets.
- Pick off the user at long range.
- Use medium ranged, faster-firing weapons such as the Combat Carbine or the Casanova while backing off to avoid getting hit.
- If engaged at close range, try taking the low mobility into account and outflank the user while attacking.
- Try slowing down the user to further add salt in the wound as well for making it easier for a kill.
- Weapons with large radiuses such as the Toxic Bane and the Tear Gas Launcher and the can be used at close range as well as for weakening users.
- Use throwing gadgets to quickly weaken user.
- 2x Zoom
- Area Damage: Pellets explode within a small blast radius.
Supported Maps Edit
Weapon Setups Edit
Due to its mobility and short range, equipped both a melee and a sniper can help deal with the weapon's weaknesses.
- It is the first shotgun-based weapon to feature the Area Damage attribute, the first being the Boomstick.
- It is the second Mech-based weapons introduced in the game, the other being the Mech Heavy Rifle.
- It is one of the heaviest weapons in the game, with a mobility of 80.
- It also has one of the highest recoil for a Heavy weapon as the character's arm will joult up violently when fired.
- This behavior can be explained why it has a low fire rate.